Training & Education Coordinator (Added 3/14/2013)
The Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate EyesOpenIowa’s adolescent sexual health training and education opportunities for adults who work with youth in Iowa.
- Lead EyesOpenIowa’s training efforts across the state of Iowa.
- Provide planning, coordination and marketing of EyesOpenIowa’s trainings.
- Serve as lead trainer for the agency providing sexual health curricula trainings and technical assistance to adults.
- Create new activities, trainings, webinars, energizers, online content, lesson plans and other associated content as designated to reflect current topics in sexual health and meet market demand.
- Provide workshop sessions at various conferences and health fairs.
- Provide professional development opportunities to Iowa school districts.
- Update the training area of EyesOpenIowa web site to reflect the trainings, webinars and workshops we offer, the dates, locations, prices and registration information.
- Respond to technical assistance requests and work with the WISE Iowa Coordinator on technical assistance projects as appropriate. This may include providing or revising lesson plans for a school district, training, and assisting in mapping a school’s sex ed curriculum to state standards, etc.
- Supervise contracted trainers to ensure that project delegation is clearly communicated and deliverables are high quality.
- Disseminate resources that promote EyesOpenIowa and science-based practices at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Provide technical assistance and resources as needed for CAPP grantees
- A passion for adolescent sexual health, and a well-articulated commitment to comprehensive sex education and access to sexual health services for all teens.
- Working knowledge of sexuality education including trends, controversies, strategies, resources, etc.
- Trained in sexuality health education curricula as an educator and trainer of educators such as Making Proud Choices, Draw the Line Respect the Line, Safer Choices, Reducing the Risk, etc. Experience in educating on AIDS/HIV, birth control methods, STDs, dating violence, sexting prevention, youth development and other areas a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong commitment to being a part of a positive, supportive team and organization.
- The flexibility to be able to travel to venues across the state and nationally, sometimes for several days per trip.
Bachelor degree in Public Health, Human Sexuality, Health Education, Sociology, or related field; at least 3 years work experience in adolescent sexual health field. Extensive experience as a trainer and/or educator using evidence based sexuality health education curricula with both teens and adults.
|Status:||40 hours/week average, non-exempt
Based in West Des Moines office
|Compensation:||Salary commensurate with experience|
|Other:||Benefit Stipend in lieu of health/retirement benefits
Accrued PTO (Paid Time Off)
Flexible work environment
Application: Send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org